Runtime Error in Windows NT

by Mike Henden <mike.henden(at)xtra.co.nz>

 Date:  Mon, 14 Aug 2000 02:11:36 +1200
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi all,

Have almost completed a site for a client that is an IT company.

Noticed that M$IE v.5 (for Windows) came up with the following
message in the status bar "Done but with errors on page (which I
never saw in Netscape Communicator or IE4.5 on my Mac, so was unaware
of until the time came to show the site to the client!). Have since
checked the site using a couple of HTML Validation services and
stand-alone validation software, and thought I had ironed out any
bugs.

This morning I got the following message from my client...

>There is a runtime error on the navigation bar for anyone working in an NT
>environment - I am not on NT so I am not affected, but everyone else is.

I believe the page concerned is the 'navigation' page in the frameset
-- unfortunately as a 'designer' with HTML capability (as opposed to
a 'programmer' with design capability), I have not struck a 'runtime'
error in Windows NT before, and have no idea what is causing it on
this particular OS.

If anyone would care to offer any advice, the site can be found on a
'temporary URL' at:

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~mhenden/information_power

All or any comments appreciated...

t.i.a.