RE: hand-coding vrs WYSWYG

by Freda Lockert <fredalockert(at)clara.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:23:39 +0000
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>But I will still contend spending time learning *some* HTML coding will go a
>long way down the track.

110% right.  My ex didn't do me any favours buying me GoLive 4 when I
first started. After I discovered my beautiful first website was c**p
I bought a book that talked about DTDs and validation (hadn't heard
of those at the time) and discovered a use for Notepad (PC days back
then).

One great reason (among many!) for buying a Mac is that you can use
BBEdit. Hand coding without the typing, plus lots more. I use GoLive
5 for some time saving things but still a lot of weeding is needed on
its javascript.

Cheers.
Freda

--
Spaceship Earth: The problem for the passengers is that there is no
manual to identify all the parts, and no instructions for the