Re: javascript not showing on Mac

by Freda Lockert <fredalockert(at)clara.co.uk>

 Date:  Sat, 31 Mar 2001 09:08:59 +0100
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>any ideas as to why the altavista serarch on this page:
>http://vicbiz.com.au/cec
>is fine on a real computer :-) but isn't showing up on a Matell? Whoops! I
>mean Macintosh?
>Thanks. Paul.(Can't help it. I'm working at a scool one day a week as a tech
>and they only have macs)

Wash your mouth out with soap :-)
The validator gives this result:

Error: entity was defined here

Fatal error! unrecognized {{DOCTYPE}}; unable to check document

I couldn't parse this document, because it uses a public identifier
that's not in my catalog!

You should make the first line of your HTML document a DOCTYPE
declaration, for example, for a typical HTML 4.01 document:

<.snipped>
<./snipped>

Mac OS 9.0.4, IE5, 17" monitor, 1024 x 768.

The Altavista box does show up but is misaligned, and the big table
shifts to the right when I mouse over the links.

Cheers.
Freda
--
Spaceship Earth: The problem for the passengers is that there is no
manual to identify all the parts, and no instructions on how to