RE: Updating pages (What tools should non-developers use?)

by Freda Lockert <fredalockert(at)clara.co.uk>

 Date:  Sat, 9 Dec 2000 08:12:01 +0000
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>If they can afford it, CorelDraw 10 is a very nice image editing suite.
>Adobe Photoshop is extremely nice but also extremely expensive and with
>version 10, Corel has definitely narrowed the gap. Both programs have a
>substantial learning curve for any meaningful use of the tool.

I definitely endorse that - especially for PhotoPaint. It loses very
little, if anything to Photoshop and deserves a much higher profile
than it has. I used it from v.5 to v.9  - ImageReady aside, there are
features I think it does better than Photoshop 5.5. I switched
applications when switching from PC to Mac, if I was still on PC I
would never consider buying Photoshop because there is so little
between them.

Freda
--
Spaceship Earth: The problem for the passengers is that there is no
manual to identify all the parts, and no instructions for the