Re: hand-coding vrs WYSWYG

by Freda Lockert <fredalockert(at)clara.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 14 Dec 2000 18:26:40 +0000
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>To me it comes down to how comfortable I feel in the program's
>environment and to the quality of the output.  In my experience,
>Dreamweaver wins hands down on both count so the choice was easy.
>Dreamweaver is also a lot more customizable than GoLive as almost
>all its internal workings are exposed to JavaScript as in a browser.
>That enables developers to create extensions of all kinds that
>enhance the base program.  HomeSite has the same capabilities.  Both
>have a large base of devoted users with many contributing
>extensions.  The arrangement seems much more to MY advantage... ;-)

Food for thought - thank you for the input, I appreciate it. I'm on
holiday soon, so I'll give the DW demo a good workout - after I've
caught up on sleep!

Cheers.

Freda

--
Spaceship Earth: The problem for the passengers is that there is no
manual to identify all the parts, and no instructions for the