Re: OT? - IE 5.5 cache issues

by Freda Lockert <fredalockert(at)clara.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 20 Dec 2000 19:57:54 +0000
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>My question - how can I clear the cache using IE?  Clearing the Temporary
>Internet folder didn't help, nor did clearing History.  I've got 128 MB RAM,
>so that can't be the issue ...
>
>Anyone run into this before and able to offer a suggestion?

I came across this today on an office PC (not my office - I use a
Mac), and the only thing I could find was to set Internet Options to
empty the temporary internet files folder each time I quite IE
(version 5). Is 'temporary internet files folder' on PC the same as
'cache' in IE Mac? The result appears to be the same.

I don't think I missed anything in the menu options; I did wonder
whether IE had been customised by the IT Department.

Cheers.

Freda
--
Spaceship Earth: The problem for the passengers is that there is no
manual to identify all the parts, and no instructions for the