Re: hand-coding vrs WYSWYG

by Freda Lockert <fredalockert(at)clara.co.uk>

 Date:  Mon, 25 Dec 2000 18:30:01 +0000
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>Freda, are you aware of GoLive 5's Flatten Script Library command?
>(Contextual option while clicking in the Files tab.) And the option in Prefs
>to write the code into an external JavaScript library?
>
>GoLive's Actions are amazing pre-written JavaScripts that save a lot of
>time. In order to keep them usable and flexible, the code for every possible
>thing you can do for every Action you have installed, is written into your
>page if you don't tell GoLive to write it into an external doc. If you do,
>all that code is written into the external. BUT... if you first choose to
>write into an external doc AND THEN flatten the script library before you
>upload, you'll find only the code used is written. Even cooler is that you
>can return to your page and edit the script using the same Inspector  and
>Actions Inspector because GoLive still looks back into the installed
>Actions. Flattening the library doesn't limit your flexibility. You just
>make your changes, then flatten again before upload.

I have prefs set to write the js to an external doc, but I didn't
know about flattening the script library - thank you. I have a way to
go in learning GoLive, I can see which book I'll be buying -:)  With
Photoshop/Image Ready and now Smart Objects in GoLive, I'm spoilt for
choice on the image processing side!

Cheers.
Freda

--
Spaceship Earth: The problem for the passengers is that there is no
manual to identify all the parts, and no instructions for the