Re: Baffling Netscape 6

by Freda Lockert <fredalockert(at)clara.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 28 Nov 2000 00:43:14 +0000
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Dear List:
>
>There=92s something baffling about NN6, I=92m unable to figure out.
>
>It=92s the document type declarations. I have created a test area
>where you can see it for yourself. (With NN6)
>
>http://www.echipinfotek.com/test/index.html
>
>There are three identical pages with different dtd=92s. I=92ve always
>used the second one, but check out what happens to my page!
>
>Am I doing something wrong here?
>
>Does anyone else have problems with pages created using Fireworks 3
>or Imageready 2?
>
>... SATHISH

Leaving out the URL  (recommended on one of the HWG lists recently)
solved the same problem for me 'tho I don't know why it should.

I use ImageReady 2  and delete about 3/4 of the javascript it writes:
the W3C validator shows what can be deleted. IR has an option to save
as "GoLive code" or "ImageReady code" - I've never been able to get
it to validate when saved as "GoLive code" but no problems with the
other option. Technical javascript stuff is beyond me, I rely on the
validator.

=46reda
--
Spaceship Earth: The problem for the passengers is that there is no
manual to identify all the parts, and no instructions for the