Re: another question on macs

by Kid Stevens <Kidstevens(at)comcast.net>

 Date:  Thu, 27 Jun 2002 07:41:53 -0600
 To:  Write Words <webwriting(at)hotmail.com>,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
TeeHee

Sorry, On the Mac simple text won't try and open any files with an
extension but .txt if they are above system 8.  Word, Word Perfect and
Claris works all the editors on the Mac will open those files.  System 8
and up auto assigns PC files to different applications.  Mac will read any
file from any machine PC or UNIX they have always been the translator for
the computer world.

Right clicking on a Mac without a 2 button mouse is Control(key) and Click.

At 7:30 AM -0400 6/27/02, Write Words wrote:
>I'm designing a site for client who is a mac user. They want to edit/modify
>files themselves. I am concerned that they will not be able to open my
>windows files on their machine.
>
>Question 1: Can they open my files, created in Windows, on their Mac machine
>and edit them. Also what is the default text editor program for macs that
>comes as standard fare with their machines?
>
>Question 2: How do I view source code in an AOL browser. Tried it on their
>Mac yesterday by right clicking.....no right clicker!!
>
>Thanks, Rosemary

Sincerely,
Kid Stevens