Re: another question on macs

by Kid Stevens <Kidstevens(at)comcast.net>

 Date:  Thu, 27 Jun 2002 08:58:57 -0600
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
For someone that has been a Mac professional consultant for 8 years all I
said, works like a champ.  File Exchange on a Mac is mainly self
confiquring.  It's defaults read most files no problem.  When new programs
are added if they are File Exchange Aware they will add their own exchange
mappings.  Unless AppleScript is disabled then the Mac is hosed anyway.
Simple text will only open files less than 32k.

BBEDIT and Alpha (my favorite editor) are both great programs but most
people will not have either of those on any but a web or programming box
they use to write code.  Appleworks opens html source on my son's Mac just
fine.  Since html source minus the .xxx or .xxxx is just text anyway.

>Kid Stevens hunted and pecked out this message on 6/27/2002 9:41 AM
>
>>Sorry, On the Mac simple text won't try and open any files with an
>>extension but .txt if they are above system 8.
>
>This is not true. Just do File>Open or drag your file over the ST or
>BBEdit application and it opens.

What I meant is, if you double click the source file, Simple Text is rarely
a choice to appear.

--
Sincerely,
Kid Stevens