Re: making a CD-ROM

by Kid Stevens <Kidstevens(at)comcast.net>

 Date:  Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:54:01 -0600
 To:  Duane Ruth-Heffelbower <duanerh(at)fresno.edu>,
hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
The older Mac Oses use 32 character names.  The tilde mark shows when that
is exceeded.  Not 8 character names Macs have used 32 character names since
day one.

Stick to 8s for older windows and DOS.  Use 32 for the rest of the world.

--
Sincerely,
Kid Stevens

"Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people....
Let us dare to read, think, speak and write."
John Adams