Re: NetScape Irritation!!!

by Kid Stevens <Kidstevens(at)comcast.net>

 Date:  Tue, 25 Jun 2002 20:05:43 -0600
 To:  Christie Cooksey <christie(at)thearmidalemall.com>,
HWG-Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sorry to tell you this but I believe quite easily that your site was hacked.

In ten minutes of analysis from here I can see that even a script kiddy can
get into your server.  FreeBSD with no security fixes applied past it's
release date.  Even Apache missing the latest security patches.
Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.0.0 mod_ssl/2.6.6 OpenSSL/0.9.6a on
FreeBSD

If my NT box was running I could hand you your passwords in less than 4 hours.

The bright side is the kiddies are not talking about hacking your site
anyplace on the net.

--
Sincerely

Kid Stevens

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch.
Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
 - Benjamin Franklin