Re: A web designer's job?

by Kid Stevens <kstevens89(at)comcast.net>

 Date:  Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:32:19 -0600
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
It's always friends.  He needs to do the work unless it is spelled out in a
contract that you will do it all.  Then stiff him for ongoing catalog
maintenance.

Therein lies the problem: ongoing maintenance.  I use a tool for PDF called
Print to PDF.  The problem with that no security and no book marks or
internal and external links.  So it is not good for catalogs.  My standing
fee for a 20 page, linking and protected catalog is the current cost of
Acrobat with 2 free updates thrown in.

If someone wanted a catalog with book marks then I would buy Adobe Acrobat
and send him the bill for it as catalog programming and generation, plus I
would keep the software and offer him a better deal next time.

--
Sincerely,
Kid Stevens

"O! this learning, what a thing it is."