Re: htm and html extensions

by Kid Stevens <Kidstevens(at)comcast.net>

 Date:  Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:24:06 -0600
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Just view the source of that page and you will be shocked and amazed that
the page even loads.

The site www.usworks.com is running Microsoft-IIS/5.0 on Windows 2000.

In IIS there is a setting for the default page and for the default
extension.  So you set default page to home, index.  You set default
extension to *.htm and *.html under server settings.

I haven't used IIS in awhile.  I got tired of being hacked both because of
Windows vulnerabilities and IIS vulnerabilities.

As the words of R & L Rasmussen fell from above I was tickled at 2:12 PM
-0400 on 7/18/02:

--
Sincerely,
Kid Stevens

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch.
Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
 - Benjamin Franklin