Re: puzzled

by Kid Stevens <Kidstevens(at)comcast.net>

 Date:  Tue, 02 Jul 2002 08:29:38 -0600
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
So you are saying the server is crippled, since as a list server goes, this
list is not that big?

Aa a designer of ISPs when the work is available.  A used Sun Sparc 20 with
24,000 users in one list handles a mailing every 4 minutes and recycles the
list for new messages every 10 minutes.

That is every single user goes out in 4 minutes per list.

With over 40 lists on the Sun 20 for a total of 90,000 users at the first
ISP I worked for did this day in and day out without a glitch.

Is this list Windows based.

--
Sincerely,
Kid Stevens

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch.
Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
 - Benjamin Franklin