Re: Automated website "fetch" programs

by Kid Stevens <kstevens89(at)comcast.net>

 Date:  Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:05:33 -0600
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Call the local FBI office and report the denial of service portion
and theft of data by automated means.  Give them any and all names.
Hacking and data theft is investigated by the FBI and they do have
data experts that will look at logs all over the Internet for the
Denial of Service path.

It is no fun being investigated or even called by the FBI.

The FBI will probably give you an e-mail address to send the logs to.

Add a Firewall that doesn't throttle performance but stops too many
repeated hits from one IP address.

--
Sincerely,
Kid Stevens

"I need nothing more than a good woman, a good Harley(optional),
good music and good children for the good of my soul."