Re: Password too similar?

by Kid Stevens <kstevens89(at)comcast.net>

 Date:  Thu, 08 Aug 2002 11:55:32 -0600
 To:  Bob Laurence <webguy(at)re-data.com>,
lauri_lists(at)tharapita.com
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
22 minutes to start a password crack on any Windows Machine attached
to the Internet not locked behind a firewall.  On a server with >2000
users I had the entire password/user list in 6 hours.

I am talking about commercially available software.  If the computer
is on the same subnet it is even faster to the first letter of the
password and username.  This software I have is used for network
security tests.

--
Sincerely,
Kid Stevens

"I spend so much time alone that I begin to lose my humanity."
-Yes I stole that from the movie "Wing Commander" and changed 3 words to suit m