Re: E-mail spoofing

by Robin Goodfellow <robin(at)vmedia.com.au>

 Date:  Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:42:42 +0930
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org,
alexia(at)rocketdiary.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
Trace the IPs in the headers, follow up on any Phone/Fax numbers or
web addresses in the message of their emails to find out who they are
and where they are, then when you know this information, sue them.

There is a precedent which you may want to be made aware of. The
Tracy LaQuey Parker case - she was a member of the EFF based in Texas
and had spammers do the same thing to her.

A full text of the court decision can be found at:

	http://www.loundy.com/CASES/Parker_v_CN_Enterprises.html

Being in the same country as them you have a far better chance of
getting them where it hurts - the hip-pocket.