Re: CSS in NN giving me fits!

by KeithWBell(at)aol.com

 Date:  Mon, 28 Feb 2000 12:32:00 EST
 To:  rcampbel(at)standard.com,
bywise(at)theriver.com,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
In a message dated 28/02/00 17:17:04 GMT Standard Time, rcampbel(at)standard.com
writes:

> also, as far as hover color goes, nn will support it, but you have to put
>  your style declaration in the proper order.  i'm pretty sure it's
>
>  a:link
>  a:hover
>  a:active
>  a:visited
>
>  but i could be wrong...

To quote from clause 5.11.3 of the CSS2 specification regarding the order:
(start quote)
A:link    { color: red }    /* unvisited links */
A:visited { color: blue }   /* visited links   */
A:hover   { color: yellow } /* user hovers     */
A:active  { color: lime }   /* active links    */

Note that the A:hover must be placed after the A:link and A:visited rules,
since otherwise the cascading rules will hide the 'color' property of the
A:hover rule. Similarly, because A:active is placed after A:hover, the active
color (lime) will apply when the user both activates and hovers over the A
element.
(end quote)

And just to reiterate what I and others said before, NN does NOT currently
support the hover pseudo-class. Perhaps in version 5 or 6 or whatever they
are going to call it!

Regards
Keith Bell