Re: forms

by WebProgrmr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Sat, 29 Jan 2000 12:02:36 EST
 To:  algemies(at)mindspring.com,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

I think you're asking for html to do something that it can't do.  You're
original question as I remember it, was to deal with the user who could hit
submit over and over and over again.

Now as I see your question, after hitting submit, you want the entire page to
disappear leaving them with a "thank you for submitting your comments."  In
normal cases, the submit button activates a CGI which has to process the fact
that someone has hit the submit button.  For the user to see a change in the
page, the CGI has to get off it's butt and respond.  That is where the delay
is... from the time the submit button is pushed and when the CGI replies.

Unless there is a way to make javascript load two pages of html OnLoad, then
"OnClick" (or whatever) the second page displays.  Anyone have any theories
on this idea?

++Dan