Re: Fonts on Server thru CSS??

by KeithWBell(at)aol.com

 Date:  Wed, 11 Oct 2000 19:44:41 EDT
 To:  entr0py(at)juno.com,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
In a message dated 11/10/00 19:25:04 GMT Daylight Time, entr0py(at)juno.com
writes:

> I was surfing a certain site (don't wanna give its URL so as not to
overload
> the webmaster with strange hits) which had this in its HEAD/CSS tags:
>  <LINK REL="fontdef" SRC="futurismo.pfr">
>
>  Now, I've never seen this before and it obviously utilized the font called
"
> futurismo", which I'm assuming is in pfr format. I am not sure as to how
this
> CSS code should be handled.

It's not actually a CSS thing. It's Bitstream's Truedoc font embedding
system, which allows page authors to specify fonts that users won't
necessarily have on their systems. More details at www.truedoc.com. It only
works in IE4+ and NN4+. (Microsoft has a similar system called WEFT, but it
only works in IE.)

HTH
Keith Bell