Re: Screen Resolution

by Reywob(at)aol.com

 Date:  Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:15:18 EST
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
timbooker(at)lineone.net writes:

> This is because when lines of text get too long, it begins to impair our
>  ability to find the start of the next line.  There is a natural ceiling at
>  which you should aim when designing columns of text.  It's a line length of
>  about 100 characters, I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong).
>
>  Fixing the width of your text columns can aid your visitors significantly.

But how can you do it?  My problem is that I've designed my site to look good
at 640x480 and 800x600.  When a friend visited it at 1024x768 he complained
'cause the text went on and on and the images were too small.  You can see
the page at http://members.aol.com/reywob/garratts/index.htm
If I fix the text column width for 640x480 then it'll look odd at other
resolutions.  I can't enlarge the images much either, as that would throw out
the design at 640x480.
Any ideas?

Regards,
Peter.