Re: dynamic forms

by Donna Smillie <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:20:41 +0100
 To:  "Finch,
D Ted" <dtfinch(at)sandia.gov>
 Cc:  "Html Techniques List (E-mail)" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
The different blocks of content are within DIVs with different IDs.
JavaScript up near the top of the file registers whether or not one of
the "trigger" radio buttons has been selected, and sets the display
property of each of these DIVs to either "inline" or "none" as
appropriate.  The result is a form that changes depending on what you
select.

Regards,
Donna

PS. Note that this can sometimes cause problems for users of screen
reader (speech or braille output) software.  It may not be able to
pick up on the "on the fly" changes.