Re: Non-WYSIWYG

by KeithWBell(at)aol.com

 Date:  Sat, 22 Jan 2000 08:33:37 EST
 To:  wiers(at)willard-oh.com,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
In a message dated 22/01/00 12:34:31 GMT Standard Time, wiers(at)willard-oh.com
writes:

> Notepad has just ceased to function!  I code by hand, and Notepad is the
>  only non-WYSIWYG processor I have installed on my machine.  Does anyone
>  know if there is a simple processor I can download from somewhere?

Hi Margie

Depends on how simple you want. Here's are couple of FREE non-WYSIWYG
suggestions:

EditPad (Postcardware) is a replacement for Notepad with little in the way of
bells and whistles, though it has many improved features like being able to
open several files at the same time, switching between them with tabs.
Download (only about 300Kb) from www.jgsoft.com/editpad.html.

Arachnophilia (Careware) is the editor I use. If you like, you could use it
just like a simple text editor, but it is a very full-featured HTML editor
with extensive toolbars and keyboard shortcuts (all customisable), multiple
file support, global find and replace over multiple files, colour coding of
tags, spell checker, etc. etc. Can't recommend it highly enough. Download
(about 1.5Mb) from www.arachnoid.com

Regards
Keith Bell