RE: Need simple delay loop

by Jeremy Duncanson <aesic(at)softhome.net>

 Date:  Sat, 17 Aug 2002 14:27:16 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 2:58 PM -0400 on 8/17/02, John Woram wrote:

> At the moment, none--I was just trying to learn a bit more about
> inserting a delay into a loop. Eventually I'll use it to slowly move
> an image up, down or across a page. I hoped I could figure out
> something as simple as the "moveTo(x,y)" action that works fine on a
> new window.

Then you should just use setTimeout() and move a div containing an image
around the screen with moveTo. Actually, I don't think you want to use
moveTo, but set the x and y positions individually to avoid some possible
bugs in various browsers.

Jeremy

PS  Plese don't CC me if you are sending a reply to the list as I don't
need duplicate emails.