Re: Runtime Error

by Jeremy Duncanson <aesic(at)softhome.net>

 Date:  Thu, 31 Jan 2002 00:38:59 -0600
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 9:48 PM -0800 on 1/30/02, Brandon Coughlin wrote:

> Someone mentioned the javascript toward the bottom of the page for Web Ring.
> Thank you, I had forgotten about it.  But since the error indicates lines 1
> and 2, I don't think this is it.

The problem is on line 1, but it's line 1 of the external file.

> Thank you again so much.  Now at least I know it isn't just my browser
> causing a problem.  I have noticed a lot of runtime errors around the net
> lately and was beginning to wonder if it was something wrong with the
> program, corrupt or something.  I guess just a coincidence!

No. There really are a lot of poorly made banner ads that generate
javascript errors because they were not tested in NN. In many
cases, they prevent pages from loading.

Keep your javascript debugging window open as you browse the web
and you'll see what I mean. (FYI of those who haven't used it, enter
"javascript:" in the location of NN 4.x to open the debugging window.)

Jeremy