styling rules

by Valerie L Walker <wholebody(at)sfo.com>

 Date:  Sat, 17 Mar 2001 14:03:30 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
This may be a question fo the CSS people, but anyway:  on a site I have
designed I am using external stylesheets, and everything seems to be
working fine except that my horizontal rules, which are supposed to be 5
pixels high, aligned left, noshade and colored (purple or green depending
on the page) . I don't seem to be able to make the align left and noshade
elements  work from my style sheets, and have had to specify those specs
inline. All looks fine on IE, but in Netscape, the color element is lost
and I end up with black rules. What am I doing wrong?

a typical page is http://www.compostcoven.org/cnl/geek.html and the
stylesheet is at http://www.compostcoven.org/cnl/cnlstyle.css

Is there some way I can mark up the style sheet so that the alignment,
noshade and color all work on both IW and NN, or should I be adding some
inline element to make the color work in NN? I'd much rather do it via
stylesheet, of course.

Valerie

valerie
wholebody(at)sfo.com (home)
valeriewalker_99(at)yahoo.com (away)
vw(at)raresponse.com (work)

415/970-0654
http://www.wiggage.com
http://www.compostcoven.org

"Some say the Gods are just a myth
but guess Who I've been dancing with..."

			--Mike Scott