Image Maps

by Keiko Schneider <kschnei(at)sabotenweb.com>

 Date:  Sat, 11 Mar 2000 09:44:07 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
 Cc:  kschnei(at)sabotenweb.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Can anyone give me an example of why someone would want to use a server-side
>imagemap rather than client-side.  Thanks.

I am also curious.  I made a company banner and made it into client-side
image map.  So when they click on e-mail address, mailto: will kick in and
click on the URL, it will take you there.  Now if I wanted to do the same
as a banner on somebody else's site (like paid advertisement), they
wouldn't have <map></map> on their web page.  The server side will
accomplish the same effect?  I would appreciate any help.  TIA.

Sincerely yours,
Keiko Schneider