Re: AOL Part II

by alden(at)oz.net

 Date:  Fri, 28 Jan 2000 20:17:16 -0800
 To:  "Jennifer C. Swartz" <eandscon(at)javanet.com>,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Since it seems that people are saying AOL causes problems when
>installed, if I were to partition my drive, and install AOL on just one
>partition and not C:,=20

That would probably work.=20

>would it still cause problems with the system on C:?
>And, would I be able to use it to check web sites if I joined AOL?  Can
>anyone help?

No.

I've been using a dual boot setup with mutually antagonistic operating
systems for years with no problem, no leaks from one partition to =
another.
Both partitions have to be "primary" partitions however. You can't do =
this
with two virtual partitions existing on one primary. To set all this up =
you
can use an application like Partition Magic which is fast, simple and
clearly explained.

Good luck
Alden