Re: style sheet works in only some browsers

by Timothy Luoma <luomat(at)operamail.com>

 Date:  Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:25:04 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

> Don't know if this helps, but I always put a space before and after the {

It shouldn't matter....

> and leave off the trailing ;
>
> For instance:
>
> p  { font-weight: normal;  font-size: medium; font-face: Verdana, Arial;
> color: #000 }
>
> not
>
> p {font-weight: normal;
> font-size: medium;
> font-face: Verdana, Arial;
> color: #000;}

My recommendation would be to NOT skip the closing ; as it is easy to miss
if you go back later and add more to the style definition

Personally I've started using this format:

p 	{
		font-weight: normal;
		font-size: medium;
		font-face: Verdana, Arial;
		color: #000;
	}

as I find it much more readable and I catch mistakes more easily

(Also don't forget a generic font-family name, ie 'sans-serif')

TjL

ps - I just wrote a little article about this topic (markup format)

http://joinwow.org/learningcenter/markup/articles/2003/m200301.asp

and would appreciate any feedback (offlist) you might offer

--
Timothy J. Luoma ~ http://tntluoma.com
30 Days to Becoming an Opera Lover