Re: Can you place scroll bars? - thanks for the book ref.

by iwa-hwg <iwa-hwg(at)tiram.org>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:03:52 +0200
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:22:25 -0800, Jim Schneider <jim(at)sourdoughjim.com>
wrote:

> That's good in IE, but doesn't work with Netscape (4.7 or 7.x).

The colouring at least works in Opera, can't be bothered to test the rtl
snit.

But placing the scrollbar anywhere else than to the right is still not a
bright idea, even for a rtl site. They will still be used to seeing the
scrollbar to the right.

Design is about working _with_ the limitations of the medium, not against
them. That goes for design everywhere, not only on the Web.

M :)

--
Marit Halse
mailto:iwa-hwg(at)tiram.org