Re: javascript (DHML) bug

by "Jens Brueckmann" <lists(at)j-a-b.net>

 Date:  Sun, 06 Feb 2005 12:11:26 +0100
 To:  "hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

http://www.lydiashouse.org/abuseshelter/index.htm

> I keep getting a little error message at the bottom using IE
> 6.0 that says its done, but there' the triangle with the ! Icon. The
> debugger says there's an invalid argument at line 34, character 305", and
> I'm not quite sure what it is. The menu script runs at
> www.lydiashouse.org/abuseshelter/menu_array.js.

Hi Karen,

there is really something very strange happening. The error occurs _only_
when you start to scroll the page (either with scrollwheel or scrollbar).

The script in question is not the menu_array.js where the variables are
defined but the actual menu script at
http://www.lydiashouse.org/abuseshelter/mmenu.js

The function IE objects to is
   function spos(gm,t_,l_,h_,w_)

I can find no error in this function.
Apart from that, the Milonic Menu, being one of the most advanced and
cross-browser DHTML menues available, has been developed and tested over
many years.

I recommend you try using the current version 5.71 of this script
available at http://www.milonic.com/download.php . Your version is 3.3.19,
which is no longer maintained. If the error still occurs with the newest
version, the Milonic forum at http://www.milonic.com/forum/ might help.

It would be nice to know if and how this error is resolved.

Cheers,

jens

--
Jens Brueckmann