Re: (Gulp) paid search engine rankings (OT)

by David Sharp <David.Sharp(at)sharp-words.com>

 Date:  Sat, 4 Nov 2000 05:06:47 +0100
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 18:00 -0500 3/11/00, Martin T. Hugo wrote:
>I have a client who wants to pay for better rankings (oh well, it's his
>money).  I can't find anywhere on the search sites where you can do this.
>
>Any suggestions?

Check out the latest edition of "Search Engine Watch", an extremely
useful newsletter.

You can read it at http://searchenginewatch.com/sereport/current.html

Brief extract:

"Paid Inclusion At Search Engines Gains Ground

"Previously, I've written generally about the many new ways in which
search engines are trying to earn money from their search results.
This month, we'll take a closer look at one particular method, "paid
inclusion," which is now in place at Ask Jeeves, LookSmart and
Inktomi."

For an index of the current issue, see also
http://searchenginewatch.com/whatsnew.html

HTH.
David Sharp, journaliste, France http://www.sharp-words.com/
Tel (home) 331 45 49 24 09  - (office) 331 40 41 47 92
  E-mail <mailto:david.sharp(at)sharp-words.com>