Re: Redirection in absence of Java

by Mike Schienle <mgs(at)ivsoftware.com>

 Date:  Thu, 20 Apr 2000 14:19:37 -0700
 To:  "Abhay S. Kushwaha" <abhay(at)kushwaha.com>,
"Techniques [HWG]" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:55 AM +0530 4/21/00, Abhay S. Kushwaha wrote:
>My requirements for a page include:
>  -- Javascript enabled
>  -- Java enabled
>
>I'm supposed to make the browser :
>  -- redirect to a different page if javascript disabled
>  -- redirect to a different page if java disabled
>
>The first (redirection when javascript disabled) has been solved but
>i'm totally stumped with the second one... HELP !!!
>
>TIA
>[abhay]
>
>PS: pls. no comments about the "requirements" themselves, it's not my
>     choice!! :-�

Not sure about the redirect if no Java, but I toss in some HTML code
within the <APPLET> tag. The Java applet bypasses the HTML tags if
it's running. If Java is not running, the Applet tag is skipped, and
the HTML code is processed. Here's an idea:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<APPLET CODE="ImmediaActionBar.class"
     CODEBASE="/ActionBarsRuntime"
     [snip a dozen or so parameters]
     <PARAM NAME=InitiallySelected VALUE="1">
     [begin HTML code if Applet is not running]
     <TABLE BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0">
         <TR>
             <TD WIDTH="72" HEIGHT="24" ALIGN="center">
             [snip remainder of HTML code]
             </TD>
         </TR>
     </TABLE>
</APPLET>
</BODY>
</HTML>
--

Mike Schienle                                 Interactive Visuals, Inc.
mgs(at)ivsoftware.com                  Remote Sensing and Image Processing