Re: Spacer

by Moe Rubenzahl <moe(at)maxim-ic.com>

 Date:  Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:31:08 -0700
 To:  KeithWBell(at)aol.com,
beno(at)cnw.com,
hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>  > My O'Reilly HTML *Definitive Guide* book tells me that if I insert
>>   <spacer type=horizontal size=50>
>>   in front of a paragraph block that I will have a nice 50 pixel space: like
>  >  a tab indent. Well, it just plain doesn't work.
>
><spacer> isn't part of the HTML specification,
>and I don't think it ever has been. Might work in some browsers, though -
>I've seen it in lots of people's code.

Adobe GoLive uses it. A -lot-. It's one of the things I have always
disliked about that product. I have not seen a browser handle it
badly, but I haven't tested it either, since I don't use GoLive.

So you will see the SPACER tag on Adobe's web page.

(By the way, has anyone noticed how bad their home page is? 140K!!
And no META tags at all! Someone at Adobe is asleeeeep at the switch.)