Re: Need bad words

by Moe Rubenzahl <moe(at)maxim-ic.com>

 Date:  Tue, 6 Jun 2000 15:47:37 -0700
 To:  "Francis Mariani" <francis_mariani(at)hotmail.com>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Did you know that a "slippery dick" is a tropical Atlantic fish...
>How can one come up with a list of bad words?

And Dick is also a name. (Tim Allen's original name was Tim Dick and
he says the attention that brought his way was instrumental in the
development of his personality.)

What my friend is doing is having the computer flag naughty words and
direct them to a human for attention.

One can also devise ways to fool the filter (one client referred to
desire for a "3some"). So yes, nothing is perfect but that doesn't
mean we shouldn't implement the best algorithm we can.

This particular site is 100% screened anyway; the computer assists by
snagging the questionable terms.