Re: Atomz.com, reaching DB-fed pages

by Moe Rubenzahl <moe(at)maxim-ic.com>

 Date:  Tue, 7 Nov 2000 16:14:56 -0800
 To:  "Rasika Wijayaratne" <rasika(at)boursedata.com.au>,
"HWG-Gen" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>  Are there any people on this list who use the
>Atomz.com search engine on their DB driven site?

My site is Cold Fusion fed and I use Atomz (as of yesterday, in fact).

>Does anyone know how Atomz.com search engine handles indexing pages on a
>website which has dynamic database driven content.

It follows the links and indexes them. In one case, we created a Cold
Fusion page that lists a link for every data sheet. This page is not
linked to anywhere in the site. I gave the URL to Atomz as an entry
point and it crawls the page and follows the links. So it knows about
the page:

   http://dbserv.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm?appnote_number=142

and its contents because this link appears on the all-app-note page
which is an entry point for Atomz indexing.

If all your content is reachable by spider from your main site, then
you would not need the dummy page.

By the way, you can try it for free. They index 50 pages and are
fully functional.