Re: "jaggie" images

by Moe Rubenzahl <moe(at)maxim-ic.com>

 Date:  Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:00:37 -0800
 To:  Noteworthy Web Designs <webmaster(at)noteworthydesigns.com>,
HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Your designer can do the following:

1. Double click layer that contains the text and make sure
anti-aliasing is on. 2. Image > Mode > RGB
3. Save for web
4. Choose GIF, Adaptive, lowest number of colors that still looks good.

If the designer has Photoshop prior to 5.5, then Save for Web is not
available and instead will have to save as GIF89a (I think that used
the Export command under File menu).

Once you receive a GIF, you cannot fix it except by going in by hand
and painting in pixels to smooth the edges. You can add anti-aliasing
if you scale the image so ask the designer to send one at 4x the
final size. Then you can scale and resample.

But best is to have your designer do it. Tell the designer that there
are many great articles on preparing graphics for the web and it's
not very hard -- I recommend the Adobe website, webmonkey, cnet.com,
and lynda.com.
Subject: "jaggie" images
Author: Noteworthy Web Designs
Date: 2/22/01 8:26 AM -0600