Re: script for one page database based catalog

by Doris Kyburz <doris(at)kyburz.net>

 Date:  Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:13:58 -0700
 To:  Jeff Nelson <nelson_j(at)speakeasy.net>,
Hwg-Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Jeff and all,

You all are just awesome! I never thought my little request for input
would cause such rich and helpful response :-)

The server platform is linux and there are up to 10 MySQL databases
included in the hosting account my client is signed up to.

It seems from most of the answers that PHP and MySQL is the way to
go. Jalal's suggestion on doing this sounds so incredibly easy...
(thanks!)

This is new to me (I'm used to Perl quite a bit though) and I'd
appreciate some advice on where to get started (are there shortcuts?
:-) I have just started to learn PHP (Visual Quickstart Guide),
independently from this sudden project.

This is really fun!

Greetings to all,

:: doris