Re: designing for Macs

by "Martin Clifford" <MLC1(at)nrc.gov>

 Date:  Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:31:36 -0400
 To:  <mobarlow(at)earthlink.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
That has to do with the two using different output resolutions for their =
monitors.  I'm not sure what the exact numbers are, though.  I believe =
Macs use 72ppi, whereas Windows use 90ppi.  Don't quote me on that <grins>

Martin

>>> "Maureen A. Barlow" <mobarlow(at)earthlink.net> 06/25/02 01:15AM >>>
In addition to the gamut, when using pt to set the font size will be =
smaller
on a Mac, so if you use 6pt on a PC and it looks barely big enough to =
read,
it will be illegible on the Mac.  I'm not sure why this is the case, =
though.

HTH,

Maureen

On 6/24/02 8:13 PM, Kid Stevens speaketh:

> Design on the Mac and everything but brightness comes out just right.  =
The