Re: Multiple Classes ..;

by "Martin Clifford" <MLC1(at)nrc.gov>

 Date:  Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:23:33 -0400
 To:  <Kidstevens(at)comcast.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
<aesic(at)softhome.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
It's the same thing as writing out all three classes, complete with =
padding, border, margin and font settings.  It works, though I have to =
believe that it's not standards compliant.  Not only that, but if you have =
a significant style sheet, than viewing it like the below would be =
incredibly confusing.

If you're going to define the same class with one attribute different in =
each, just type the whole thing out, individually.  More work for you?  =
Yes.  Easier to understand later?  Yes.

Martin

>>> Kid Stevens <Kidstevens(at)comcast.net> 06/26/02 10:43AM >>>
How many times have you pulled that one off?

At 7:54 AM -0500 6/26/02, Jeremy Duncanson wrote:

>You can keep them as seperate classes and still simplify the CSS by doing
>something like this:
>
>.classone, .classtwo, .classthree {
>  padding, margin and border settings
>}
>
>.classone {
>  font style
>}
>
>.classtwo {
>  font style
>}
>
>.classthree {
>  font style
>}
>

>If you were to use IDs on the elements, you could combine the CSS with
>javascript to change the styles and use just one class. It even works in =
NN
>4.x, not that all changes would get rendered. ;)
>
>Jeremy Duncanson

--=20
Sincerely,
Kid Stevens