SimpleText (was: Re: another question on macs)

by "Martin Clifford" <MLC1(at)nrc.gov>

 Date:  Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:10:12 -0400
 To:  <mobarlow(at)earthlink.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
That happened because Macs and PCs use different code for line breaks, =
carriage returns, tabs, etc.  At least, I think that's what happened.  =
Though I don't know how to solve it.  If there is an option as to which OS =
to save it for, that would help.

Martin

>>> "Maureen A. Barlow" <mobarlow(at)earthlink.net> 06/27/02 01:44PM >>>
As a related question, I notice problems when opening SimpleText files on =
Windows machine.  I recently converted my Word resume to a txt file, using
SimpleText.  When I viewed this file on a PC, there were no line breaks,
instead the text just continued on the same line for about five miles!

I've noticed this to be the case in previous encounters, but this was the
one time when it was a real downer, as nobody wants to view a one-line
five-mile resume!

Anyone have any thoughts on how to get around this problem with SimpleText?=

Thanks,

Maureen

On 6/27/02 12:48 PM, Nathan Lyle speaketh: