Re: a title?

by "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <jaed(at)jaedworks.com>

 Date:  Tue, 27 Jun 2000 17:57:12 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 4:29 PM -0700 6/27/2000, Sue Bailey wrote:
>A friend of mine has just discovered the title attribute for the a tag.
>I had never heard of this until tonight. For anyone else who doesn't
>know, in IE5 (not NN4.7, not tested in anything else) attached to an a
>tag, it pops up a little box like alt for imgs. This is so cute, there
>has to be a problem with it. Am I allowed to use it under everyone's
>spec?

It's part of HTML 4.0, and under HTML 4.0 you can attach a title attribute
to just about anything that doesn't fight back. Especially useful for links.

(Insert usual caveats about how it shouldn't be used for
essential-to-the-page information because many browsers do nothing with it.)

--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed(at)jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com