Re: Invisible text

by "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <jaed(at)jaedworks.com>

 Date:  Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:57:20 -0700
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 2:50 PM -0700 6/19/2000, Moe Rubenzahl wrote:
>Interesting. I received this message from a customer. I have never
>heard this suggested before but it seems to make sense. Opinions?

Of course; it makes complete sense. This is a novice mistake and you should
fix it.

Fortunately, it's very easy to fix: just select text and link colors that
contrast well enough with your background and away you go:
  link="#FF0000" vLink="CC3333" aLink="#00FF00">
or whatever colors you like.

(I would add to your correspondent's advice that you must also set link,
vLink, and aLink attributes: if you set one body color attribute you need
to set them all, since you have no way of knowing what the user's colors
are, and overriding only some of them is therefore dangerous - you can end
up with yellow links on a white background, or whatever. Same thing as for
plain text.)

--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed(at)jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com