RE: Invisible text

by "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <jaed(at)jaedworks.com>

 Date:  Mon, 19 Jun 2000 19:13:35 -0700
 To:  HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 4:05 PM -0700 6/19/2000, Campbell, Rebecca wrote:
>while it irritates me that people change their settings in such a way as to
>make things unreadable (leftover annoyance from my days working a computer
>hotline), it does make sense...  i do have to wonder which browsers/version
>this affects, though...

People don't change their settings so as to make things unreadable. People
change their settings to colors that are completely readable. (For example,
to light-yellow text on a dark-gray background, which is both readable and
restful on the eyes if you're going to be reading a lot of text.)

Then a web designer sets a background color and leaves the foreground color
alone, and the resulting *combination* is unreadable. The user's settings
in this case are fine, however.

(This "affects" every browser that allows web pages to set a background
color - which is to say just about all that display inline graphics.)

--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed(at)jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com