Re: Image Loading (or Pre-Loading)

by Nathan <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>

 Date:  Fri, 8 Feb 2002 23:05:21 -0500
 To:  "Angel One" <angelone(at)angelonearth.net>
 Cc:  HWG Techniques Email List <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>I suggest you use the script on every page, loading *only* the next
>image in the slideshow. If you load all of them on the first page, it will
>probably take too long.

I'll check out the links you suggested, thanks.

I'm not sure it would work to download an image ahead of time as it went,
because I'm not quite sure how much time would need to be made up for. (It
would depend on the person/connection viewing the site.) But it may turn
out to be part of the answer.

Thanks!

~Nathan Lyle
E-mail: natelyle(at)chartermi.net
Web: http://www.nathanlyle.com
Phone: (906)485-4806

"A true music lover is one who on hearing a blonde soprano singing in the
bathtub puts his ear to the keyhole." - Anonymous