Re: Table Width/Heights

by Nathan <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>

 Date:  Wed, 13 Feb 2002 22:23:50 -0500
 To:  Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>
 Cc:  HWG Techniques Email List <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>There is no height attribute for TABLE. Some browsers (including Netscape
>4.x) make a table with height="100%" the height of the viewport. This means
>if there is something - even whitespace - above the table the bottom of the
>table will be pushed below the viewport - because the table is the height
>of the viewport but starts below the top of it.

That would explain the different behavior, at least on Netscape's part. (I
have noticed the being pushed below the bottom edge bit before.)

>I can't think of any obvious solutions, but if you send a URL I'll look
>into it for you.

Alas, I have nothing online for this one yet to point to. But I'm thinking
of trying to redesign to not need the bottom used as I've been trying.
Though I hate to leave a problem unsolved.... :)  I will post a link if I
put any efforts up...

~Nathan Lyle
E-mail: natelyle(at)chartermi.net
Web: http://www.nathanlyle.com
Phone: (906)485-4806

"The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend." - Henri
Bergson (1859-1941) - French philosopher