Re: To Flash Or Not To Flash...

by Nathan <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>

 Date:  Thu, 25 Apr 2002 01:19:35 -0400
 To:  HWG Techniques Email List <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
<cbirds>
>Let me honest with you: most of my customers are not interested in it,
>not just because I charge big bucks for it, but because they simply want
>a nice clean site where their customers can go and get information and
>not worry if they have the right plug in etc.

This has been my philosophy as well, though at the pace that web technology
can change, I was wondering if I weren't being left behind by not doing
more with it. Does anyone know a good site containing statistics on Flash
accesability? (Percentages of browsers/users with the right plugin, etc.)

>Bottom line -- if they wanna pay the price, they can have anything they
>want!

<laugh> Though I do tend to agree with that, I also find myself trying to
educate my clients on what does/doesn't work and *why* in terms of web
technology.... as I've found it saves a lot of headaches. I think I'd
probably refuse to do something really boneheaded, even if the client was
willing to pay for it. I just don't feel I have the *time* to do any
boneheaded things other than the ones I already do. :-/

~Nathan Lyle

E-mail: natelyle(at)chartermi.net
Web: http://www.nathanlyle.com
Phone: (906)485-4806

"A good style should show no sign of effort. What is written should seem a
happy accident." - Somerset Maugham