Re: Pixel shift in table

by Nathan <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>

 Date:  Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:22:22 -0500
 To:  "Maureen A. Barlow" <mobarlow(at)earthlink.net>
 Cc:  HWG Techniques Email List <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>If you go to the URLs below, you'll see that my page structure is a center
>table.  The second page (subpage.html) is the same table structure, but
>sliced differently due to the slight differences in design and the fact that
>it will hold content in the center white table cell.  But when I go back and
>forth between the two pages in my browser to make sure the table stays put,
>it is actually about a pixel off.  The table on subpage.html seems to move
>about a pixel to the left, except for the copyright statement text at the
>bottom right.  The problem occurs in both IE 5.1 for the Mac, and Netscape 6
>for the Mac.

My own response to this (had it been my pages) probably would have been a
shrug with acceptance. (Unless I was counting on images not reloading, so
that only the center content changed.)

But, my guess would be either the images inside the table are causing the
width to not quite be 720, and since there's different images (purple with
design, purple plain, etc.) that could well be it. Also, if you're using
something like Imageready or Photoshop to slice and save, I've found that
sometimes I've gotten accidental 1 pixel "spacer" slices I hadn't intended.
You may want to double check that you have what you thought you have.

Not a concrete answer, I know, but those would be my thoughts anyway. :)

~Nathan Lyle
E-mail: natelyle(at)chartermi.net
Web: http://www.nathanlyle.com
Phone: (906)485-4806

"A true music lover is one who on hearing a blonde soprano singing in the
bathtub puts his ear to the keyhole." - Anonymous