Re: It's gotta be something obvious!!!!!

by Nathan <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>

 Date:  Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:40:36 -0500
 To:  Mike Taylor <lonewolf(at)one.net>
 Cc:  HWG Techniques Email List <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Is it possible one of your functions is expecting a numeric value but gets
>a string instead?  So instead of the value 1 that you are incrementing, it
>sees it as "1"?

I'd thought that at first, but it doesn't seem to react that way. (And I
even tried throwing in useless math to force Javascript to see it as an
integer.... 5*1, that sort of thing.)

>It seems strange that it would stop at 5 though.  Sometimes I run into
>situations where handling integers, it sees a zero in front of
>single-digits, so if you want it to look for 5 it actually interprets it
>as 05.  But that would only explain your issue if it were not working for
>slides 1 through 9.

Yeah, it's the *place* that it stops, and that it does so predictably that
is confouding.

>I think the slide show is nicely organized, incidentally.

Thank you. :)  I'm always paranoid with using frames because it's so easy
to overdo it and try to make something that looks like an application
rather than a web page. :-/

~ Nathan Lyle

Email: natelyle(at)chartermi.net
Phone: (906)485-4806
http://www.nathanlyle.com

"Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary